Update: I had a major rant filled with long run on sentences but decided to edit things down lol.
April was seriously the LONGEST and craziest month of my life!! I cant believe how busy I was, so much so that I had to stop doing a lot of the little fun things I liked doing.. ugh.
Thankfully I am now cool, calm and collected...but what had me so chaotic in April? oh man, not really sure where to start but I need to get it all out so here goes nothing...
1. In the beginning of April, with only a few weeks left in the semester, my advisor advises me that I am short one point of the requirement to graduate. She suggest I take CLEP exam. I never hear from her again. I am pissed/devastated.
2. At work we were scheduled to have an Audit in my department at the end of the month. All of April was crazy and stressful at the office.
3. I didn't pass my first attempt at a CLEP exam. I was seriously thinking I would not be graduating. Tried calling and emailing my advisor for my next step and I got nothing.
4. My boss was being a major bitch... I almost walked out.
5. registered for ANOTHER CLEP exam. Tried to study a lot more.
6. Went above my advisor and contacted the department for help. After explaining my situation they assured me that I would, at least, be able to walk at graduation. (Yay!)
7. Ordered my cap and gown
8. Continued to plan my trip to Pennsylvania to attend the graduation ceremony, and Washington DC
9. We started talking about buying a house (Seriously!!!)
10. Got a buyers realtor and started looking at houses (pretty stressful)
In retrospect, It doesn't seem like a lot. But trust me, it was... and I still have a few extra pimples on my face from the stress to prove it.. Thankfully, everything worked it's self out! and I am so glad to be back to the blogging.. I have some making up to do!
Looks like April will be a VERY busy/crazy/scary/stressful month for me... I have a lot of different things going on, which means I have no time to blog... Big changes are coming my way and I plan on sharing all the details...next month!
In the mean time.. for anyone that reads this little blog of mine, add me on
Facebook/Twitter/Instagram -I still update those on a regular!
At the beginning of March I wrote a post about my goals to get healthy... Well, it's finally time to link up, share how all that went done this month...
Goal One: Eat a balanced breakfast at least 3x a
week + drink more water Week 1: Pass + Pass - water goal was at least 1 liter daily Week 2: Pass + Pass Week 3: Fail + Pass Week 4: Fail + Pass * I was off to a great start with this goal combo... Unfortunately, I am not really a morning person, and I'm always running late!! So0o I didn't leave myself with enough time to eat breakfast. On the other hand, I am really happy about the water part of the goal. I got myself a smart water (1liter) and continued to reuse the same bottle. Initially I really didn't have an idea about how much more water I actually wanted to drink but thanks to the smart water bottle I was able to put a number on it. I plan on keeping this goal the same. To make things easier for the next month I would like to try and have breakfast prepared the night before and/or get options that I can eat on the go or at the office. Goal Two: Go to the gym at least 3x a week for at
least an hour. Week 1: Pass Week 2: Fail Week 3: Fail Week 4: Fail
* I really don't know what happened here... March was a crazy busy month for me..excuses aside, I really need to write down a schedule and seriously make time for the gym. I am also keeping this goal the same. Goal Three: Make healthier food choices- cook at
home, drink less Dr. pepper Week 1: Pass + Pass Week 2: Kinda Pass + Pass Week 3: Kinda Pass + Pass Week 4: Kinda Pass + Pass
* I think this goal is way too broad... Not to mention that I don't really "cook", like ever. On some days I would make a little something easy at home and on other days we would eat out, but still I made healthy choices. Also, I found that by drinking more water I started drinking less Dr pepper. I am down to 1 and 1/2 cans a day, which is great because I was at 3 cans a day!! I plan on replacing this goal...not sure with what yet.
Overall I have to admit this was tough...
It's hard to stay motivated and actually change your habits.
Anyone got any tips or advice that helps you stay motivated?
I've only been to a few concerts in my time, Nysnc happens to be one of those, so I've really wanted to make more of an effort to attend more shows and see some of the artist I really like. That's where #12 on my 101 list comes in. I limited myself to 5 to make it easier and more achievable.. I live in a small town so we rarely get good shows.
When I heard Billy Currington was coming to open up our yearly stock show I knew we just HAD to go. I am a huge country music fan, and still a country girl at heart (I lived on a ranch when I was younger). My husband on the other hand, not so much...however we both REALLY love Billy Currington, so he was down to go too.
I really didn't get that many photos because I was too busy enjoying the night. So I'll just tell ya a little about it... We got floor tickets and went with a group of our friends. The concert was held in a roping arena which meant the "floor" was actually sand/dirt. But no worries, we all had our boots on. The show was awesome and we all had a great time, despite a few little issues...like when Billy said "I'm not finishing like this" and walked off stage, during his 3rd song for about 20 minutes. Or, when the guard who was checking wrist bands for floor seats left his post at the gate and, a huge crowd of from the bleachers made their way to the floor area and toward the stage.
Even after the show people took to twitter and starting bashing the performance and saying that Billy Currington has put on way better shows in the past. A lot of people were disappointed. Honestly, it was the first time my husband and I saw him in concert so we didn't care. We got drunk and sang along to ALL his songs. The night was a success in my opinion.
Here in South Texas our Winter and Spring kind of mesh together. Some days it's cold out and on other days its nice and warm, so I never get a chance to miss the sun. Heck, just a few days ago we were in the high 90s!! But, you can't really enjoy the spring like weather until after daylight saving. Longer days call for more time spent outside, and that's my favorite part about Spring. I love having BBQs and long walks with the dogs.. sadly those days are limited, because once summer hits it gets WAY too hot to be outdoors, unless you are at the beach of course! ;)