So, I recently got nominated for the Liebster Blog Award...not only once, but twice!! How awesome, right?! This award is given to bloggers with less than 200 followers, to help spread the love and appreciation. Thank you Caitlin and Cori!! Oh and just a heads up, since I'm answering two sets of questions this is going to be a LOONNG post lol!
- Link back to the person who nominated you
- Write 11 random things about yourself
- Answer the 11 questions from the person who nominated you
- Come up with 11 questions for the 11 people you nominate
11 random things about me
- Both of my parents are from Mexico so that makes me a 1st generation American
- I read the Dog Encyclopedia when I was little and now I can STILL classify just about every dog I see.
- I was raised by my dad
- I was the biggest tomboy until like my sophomore year in high school..now I'm a t-shirt and jeans kinda girl. I rarely 'dress up' or wear heels. thanks dad! lol.
- I'm 5'2.. pretty short.. but kinda average where I live now
- I hate ranch dressing
- I once had a pet chicken
- Sometimes I can be a major procrastinator
- I'm seriously addicted to my iPhone.. but who isn't, right?!
- I'm one of those overly happy, and positive kinda person. "Can't live a positive life with a negative mind" :)
- My husband and I got married in Vegas.. its was awesome!
Questions from Caitlin
- If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live?
- As much as I LOOOVVEE Texas I'd probably want to live in Palm Springs California or some where on the east coast. I love America too much to live in another country.
What's your favorite band?
- Hmm, this is kinda tough... I really like all kinds of music especially from the 90s and early 2000s.. oh and I'm a major hip hop head lol. So idk I guess I don't have a FAVORITE
PC or Mac?
- Mac..always and forever!!
What inspires you?
- My family, positivity, optimism and the quote "I'm not telling you it's going to be easy, I'm telling you it will be worth it."
What's your favorite power tool?
- A nice powerful, cordless drill :)
What are some of your hobbies besides DIY?
Who's your favorite designer?
- Interior: Johnathan Adler and Christina Murphy
- Fashion: Marc Jacobs, Tom Ford and Karl Lagerfeld
What's your favorite social media platform?
- Instagram! Follow me @heythere_melissa
Pepsi or Coke?
- Neither.. I'm a Dr. Pepper addict ;)
What's your most embarrassing moment?
- not telling lol
What's your dream job?
- Professional blogger of course... but I'll settle for Licensed Professional Counselor/Therapist
Questions from Cori
- Are you a morning bird or night owl?
- Night owl... I HATE getting up in the mornings
Describe your dream job.
- Working from home getting paid to do what ever I want lol. Orrr, anything that involves helping people.
If you could switch lives with someone for a day who would it be and why?
- These might sounds a little superficial, but I'm in that kinda mood today lol
- Jessica Biel, because she is married to Justin Timberlake.
- Kim Kardashian, because I wanna know what it would be like to be super famous! :)
What's the best book that you've ever read?
- The Host...seriously couldn't put it down
- Lord of the Flies
What's your favorite piece of clothing that you own?
- My jeans, and my LV purses
What's a goal that you hope to achieve in the next year?
- Graduate college and get into Grad school
What's your favorite time of year?
- Winter, because here in Texas its just the right amount of coldness plus no snow!
You're trapped in an elevator with three people. Who would you choose to be with you?
- My sister and my two favorite cousins... They would make it fun and nothing like that Devil movie!!
If you could only drink one substance for the rest of your life (apart from water), what would it be?
- DR. PEPPER!!!
Where do you get your blogger inspiration?
- Probably from other bloggers and my everyday life
Which are your favorite blogs to read?
- I have way too many...
- Why did you start blogging?
- Are you married, in a relationship, or single and ready to mingle?
- What's your favorite movie
- Whats your guilty pleasure?
- What's your beauty essential?
- Real babies/furbabies/both or none?
- If you had three wish what would the be and why?
- Favorite place you have traveled to?
- If you could have lunch with any women who would it be and why?
- February is almost over...did you make any new year resolutions? If so, how are they coming along...if not, why?
- Aiden or Big?
Our Adventures in Okinawa Japan
Alyssa [[Sgt Garris'Wife]]
Life Since You